Music is a HUGE part of my life. Some of my earliest memories revolve around singing and listening to music. I remember vividly my first record player (yes record player) - it was plastic and it was purple. I loved it and played it endlessly. Now I prefer my iPod with its 1000+ songs. :)
So here are the top 15 albums in my life. In no particular order:
2. Billy Joel: Greatest Hits - all 3 CDs! That counts as one, right? Sure!
3. Bryan Adams: The Best of Me. I adore Bryan Adams. He's got a great edgy voice and his songs are pretty diverse. He's great no matter what my mood is.
4. Shania Twain: her self titled album - the one where she really made a name for herself. This album is full of fun songs and upbeat rhythms. And watching Shania (who came from another small city here in Northern Ontario) change the face of country music and even fashion itself was so much fun!
5. Barry Manilow: The Ultimate Manilow. Yup - I'm a Manilow fan. Big Time! Sad, but true :) Barry gets a bad rap, but his song writing ability is incredible. Many of his songs reach right into me. There are so many good memories associated with his songs. In fact, I'd probably take along a few more of his CDs with me. Maybe I could bring the boxed set?
6. Barbra Streisand: the Concert Album. Babs has the ultimate voice. When I'm in the mood I can listen to her for hours on end.
14. Tina Turner: Simply the Best. Yes.