On to Elliot's (really hard!) questions...
1) What is your favorite genre to read?
I love so many genres! Currently my fave is definitely contemporary romance, but I also love fantasy, sf, mystery, YA & MG (I know those last 2 aren't genres--humour me) and more!
2) Pizza or pasta?
This is another hard one! We live in a town with a TON of fantastic Italian restaurants. I've been to bigger cities with more famous places and tried a variety of popular chain restaurants, but there is nothing that beats our local pizza & pasta. Nothing! My heart is a little torn with this question, but I think I'll go with pasta!
3) If you were to be stranded on an island and could choose one book to take with you, which would you choose?
AHHH! Can I have an easy question please??? Okay. I'd bring Lord of the Rings. I never tire of Tolkien's characters!
4) If you could choose to have dinner with one writer, in order to pick his/her brain, who would you choose?
Nora Roberts! She is such a prolific author. She's written a mind-boggling number of best-selling romances and each character is unique and intriguing. Her In Death series has an incredible cast of repeat characters and each book keeps getting stronger!!
5) Who is your choice of musician for inspiration while writing?
I never listen to one musician at a time. I always set my iTunes to shuffle. My tastes are pretty eclectic with music too - I've got everything from classic rock to easy listening to jazz to blues to country to Motown to pop... So it would depend on the scene I think!
6) The Walking Dead, or Breaking Bad?
Sadly, neither. I've stopped adding new TV series to my schedule. There's just not enough time to watch and do everything else I want to do so I haven't seen either of these.
7) If you could choose an actor to play the part of lead role in your book, who would it be?
Another tough one! I actually think Chris Pine would make a pretty good Jaz in the book I'm hoping to pub later this year.
8) Do you prefer writing in the a.m or p.m?
Both! I am a morning person, but for most of the year, the job gets in the way. During the school year I tend to write after 9 p.m. once family life has slowed down. In the summer I have more freedom and write whenever I can.
9) What is your best antidote for writer's block?
Try something else. I currently have 4 stories in various stages of editing and another one I'm drafting. For a person who thought she was a one draft at a time writer, it's a bit of a shock, but it works!
10) When going on vacation...drive or fly?
I'd love to fly to more places but the wallet usually says we drive. My hubby likes to drive so that leaves me free to read too!
11) Name the city that tops your bucket list to visit.
So many! Probably Hong Kong. Or New York. Or Rome. Or Cairo...
And 11 fun facts about me...
- I hate/despise/detest/loathe housecleaning
- My dad and I used to always shop for bonus 'as is' presents for people for Christmas on Christmas Eve when the stores were nuts and the crowds desperate. We got some really strange items and had a ton of fun!
- I used to walk along the tops of swing sets as a kid
- I've never owned a pet even though I love animals
- Although I'm Canadian, I'm a rotten skater. Actually I can skate pretty well, it's the whole stopping thing I never mastered
- I make an awesome lasagna!
- I want to go on an African photo safari one day
- Although I don't watch too many TV series, I'm kind of a sports nut and often have sports on in the background when I'm writing
- I LOVE teaching Math!
- When I'm baking/cooking I rarely measure anything - that would take the mystery out!
Tell me one fun fact I don't know about you!