I grew up knowing a lot of things:
- my parents loved me
- my sister was also my best friend
- my job was to do my best
- the world was a safe & fascinating place
- I didn't have to have the same interests as everyone else
- being quiet was okay
- losing wasn't a big deal ... neither was winning
- money was earned
- laughter was vital
- doing right was the only option
I still believe in all those things. I still know them deep down in my bones.
Feeling gratitude for all these things (and so many more) is important. Acknowledging that gratitude equally so.
The lovely Sheri Larsen is hosting a gratitude hop this week. There are so many people in this writing community I'm grateful to:
- my amazing crit buddies
- blog readers and blog writers (many of whom have become friends)
- readers and writers
- the awesome folks over at Agent Query Connect
- agents and editors and publishers (oh my!)
And I'm grateful for a couple of 'things' as well:
What about you? What are you grateful for?