When I'm drafting, I don't fine tune as I go. Instead I leave myself notes on how to fix things later.
- this is all telling
- cliche alert!
- this stinks, but the core of the scene is good
- this isn't the right word
- do a find search for probably & maybe
- check to see how many days have passed
- what colour is his hair??
- add in some scene setting
- does the doctor have a last name?
- good place to add description
- blech - fix this
Do you leave yourself notes as you go? Or do you have to stop and fix it at the time?