Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
And we’re revving up IWSG Day to make it more fun and interactive! Every month, we'll announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG Day post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say.***
August 1 question - What pitfalls would you warn other writers to avoid on their publication journey?
Some days I feel like I'm the Queen of Pitfalls...
- Don't trust just anyone with your words. Make sure you know them well enough to trust them and their personality
- Trust someone with your words - finding crit buddies is a major step along the journey
- Don't get too caught up in social media - spend most of your time writing
- Don't avoid social media - I've made so many incredible friends through social media and learned SO MUCH!
- Be brave - being a coward gets you exactly nowhere (still working on this one!)
How about you, what pitfalls have tripped you up? What would you suggest avoiding?