Wednesday, July 6, 2022

IWSG & Bloo Moose

The Insecure Writer's Support Group is the brainchild of Alex J. Cavanaugh. He, his clones, minions, friends, and fellow authors make it an amazing event every month.


IWSG badge

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

July 6 question - If you could live in any book world, which one would you choose?

So many options! 

If I weren't an author, I might be tempted to say PERN from Anne McCaffrey's series - such a fabulous world! Although I would choose my position (Dragonrider) and time in the world with great care.

Or maybe the Shire or Gondor after Frodo's journey. PEI with Anne of Green Gables. The Enterprise, Firefly...

Because I am an author, I'd love to choose one of the worlds I've created!

Bloo Moose is a quirky little town in Vermont (which is in a climate very similar to my own). I love the people of the world and the ways they take care of each other. It's an upbeat, fun place, with lots of things to do.


Bloo Moose relies on tourists coming to town (fishing, camping, winter sports, leaf-peeping...). I'd love to go to Fortini's for Antonia's lasagna, visit Noah's alpacas, take the tour at Bloo Moose Maple Syrup, have a tea at The Lucky, rent a kayak from LaChance Lodge, and play a tennis set at Kami's Kamp. I'd stay in Darby's B&B and pick up a few Bloo Moose themed t-shirts at Moose Prints. I might even get a chance to brainstorm writing with Max. The best time to visit would be a week before Christmas to join in the fun of Merry MooseMas Days!

My kind of vacation - my kind of life!

How about you? Would you go for the adventures or AFTER the adventures (like me!)? Would you like a medieval, contemporary, or future setting for your world? Which of your own worlds would you choose?

On another note, Reaching For Normal, Bloo Moose #1 is one of the choices for the IWSG Book Club this month! If you like romance and romantic suspense, you might enjoy this one - it's free at all retailers. 

I'm currently reading Ronel's book and it's a fun read too!



47 comments:

Pat Garcia said...

Hi, choosing the world you write about to live is great. At least for me it is. Keep writing about Blue Moose. It is engaging.
Shalom aleichem,
Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Why not choose your own? I should've thought of that.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's sweet you want to live in your Bloo Moose world.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Blue Moose sounds amazing :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Bloo Moose sounds like a great choice.

Chemist Ken said...

I'm afraid I'd find The Shire to be rather boring once all the excitement had gone away. And since I'm not good with flying (either planes or dragons), I'd probably wouldn't be able to appreciate Pern either.

M.J. Fifield said...

Hanging out with Anne of Green Gables would be a lot of fun. Anne's definitely my kind of character.

Bloo Moose would be a great town to visit, too. :)

Carol Kilgore said...

I love Bloo Moose, too! Or Satcher Glen :)

Elephant's Child said...

Definitely after the adventure for me. I would love to spend time with the Ents. And to search for the Entwives who I really hope are somewhere on Middle Earth still.

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks so much, Pat! You made my day :)

Jemi Fraser said...

You should have! Your world would be fascinating to visit!

Jemi Fraser said...

It's a good place!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks! I love it :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Lots of fun things to do and great people!

Jemi Fraser said...

She's probably my all-time favourite character!

Jemi Fraser said...

I'm not very brave at adventures - but I'd go on a dragon ride in a heartbeat!

Jemi Fraser said...

Yes! Satcher Glen is exactly the kind of place I love!

Jemi Fraser said...

I would love to help the Ents and Entwives find each other again!

Olga Godim said...

You're not the first author today to prefer your own world to inhabit. Several others made the same selection, and why not? We made the world. We love it. Why not settle in it?
Congrats on being chosen for the IWSG book club.

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks, Olga! I don't think we have too many romance authors/readers in IWSG, but I hope someone enjoys it!

Denise Covey said...

I love the idea of inhabiting a world we have created in our stories. Bloo Moose reminds me of Three Pines in the Inspector Gamache series. Like a big hug!

Denise Covey said...

Forgot to say, just laid my hands on Built of Secrets. Now I've just got to find a few moments to read and review it!

Jemi Fraser said...

Awww - that's so sweet! Love that description!

Jemi Fraser said...

Hope you enjoy! I had so much fun with Tansy and Sam!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Oh my gosh, I'd definitely live in Bloo Moose!!!

Jemi Fraser said...

We'd have a great time!!

Jemi Fraser said...

I wouldn't be living with your vampires and zombies!! Or at least, I wouldn't last long :) #wimp

Toi Thomas said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Bloo Moose sounds sweet. I'm just getting to know it now as I read your book.

emaginette said...

I'll admit visiting your world was very enjoyable. :-)

Anna from elements of emaginette

Tyrean Martinson said...

I think visiting your world would be really enjoyable. Sounds like a lovely place to have a vacation in winter or summer. :)

Damyanti Biswas said...

The sound of life as a "vacation" sounds great to me right about now. :D

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I did choose Pern! My own worlds are a bit dark and gritty, as I write horror and mystery. Lots of dead in my locales.

Jemi Fraser said...

It's a fun place to visit - hope you enjoy!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks so much, Anna!! Glad you enjoyed :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks Tyrean! I agree - those winter sports would be a blast too!

Jemi Fraser said...

Wouldn't that be amazing?!

Jemi Fraser said...

I'm not living in your worlds either, Lee! I'd be one of the bodies... :)

Tara Tyler said...

fantasy worlds seem to rule the day (er monthly question!) nice to see Pern getting shouts - one of my first loves for reading =)
reading people’s posts, I’ve been getting some story ideas too - an author who has the ability to visit alternate worlds...

happy july!
Tara Tyler Talks

Diane Burton said...

I chose one of my worlds because of the main characters--strong women on the frontier of space, the Outer Rim. I'd love to hang out with them, hear their stories (the ones I don't know about) and how they manage to survive. Great fun. Have a good month.

Jemi Fraser said...

Love that idea! And wouldn't that be awesome!?

Jemi Fraser said...

I think your Outer Rim sounds like a great place to go!

Michelle Wallace said...

It's great to see your Bloo Moose book as one of the choices for the IWSG Book Club this month! Yay!!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks, Michelle! I'm hoping some people enjoy it!

Romance Reader said...

Congratulations Jemi! Love your books and the setting is beautiful.

Jemi Fraser said...

Thank you - you made my. day!!

cleemckenzie said...

I got your email, and switching to a pop up comment did the trick! Yay!

Jemi Fraser said...

Lee - That's awesome! thanks for letting me know!