Okay - I've put this off for far too long. A bit cowardly I admit, but I've decided it's time.
Recently Anne Riley over at Reading. Writing. Querying. Publishing? generously awarded me the One Lovely Blog award. Thanks again, Anne! I appreciate your kind words and your thoughtfulness :)
I was also awarded the Honest Scrap Award over at Chasing Empty Pavements. Again, thank you so much! It was such a nice thing to wake up to this morning :)
These are two great ladies. If you haven't checked out their blogs yet, pop on over and say hi! You'll definitely feel welcome.
Now I've ignored the instructions for the last several blog awards. Bad, I know, but it's tough!! I'm really quite shy - sharing stuff can be difficult. Also I visit so many fabulous blogs, it's really, really hard to choose only a few! Major trauma.
So, here's what I'm going to do. I'll give a few intersting (???) facts about me. And I'll talk a bit about some fabulous sites you should be visiting.
1. I'd love to live in an old-fashioned farmhouse (with very modern plumbing) with wonderful wrap-around porches.
2. I still have nightmares from reading The Shining in high school.
3. I have so many untended injuries from playing sports when I was younger that I have over 60 places where my bones crack. Really icky! I think my knees are now much older than the rest of me.
4. I once owned a purple plastic record player. I wore out innumerable needles on it. Loved it!
5. I get a little giddy when I'm shopping for school supplies! There's nothing quite like prettily coloured post-it notes, fresh pencil crayons, bulletin board borders, name tags and new books. Heaven!
6. I can't choose favourites - be it books, movies, or just about anything else. Instead of 1, I choose a list. I don't even like selecting kids for jobs at school. All of their names are in a jar. Whenever I need something done, I choose from the jar. They love it!
Okay, enough already. On to my blogging buddies. I avoided choosing people to whom I've passed awards already. I think. Sorry folks!
I'm only choosing 7. I did it totally randomly by putting the numbers 1 - 79 (the number of blogs on my blog roll) into the random.org site! How's that for avoiding the pressure? :) I never was very good at choosing favourites! See #6 above.
#67 - Mary Brebner
#22 - Helen Ginger over at Straight from Hel
#46 - Yvonne over at The Organic Writer
#69 - Julie over at The Climb
#9 - Shannon O'Donnell over at Book Dreaming
#20 - L. Diane Wolfe over at Spunk on a Stick
#10 - Natalie Whipple over at Between Fact & Fiction
Phew! That was mildly exhausting! Ladies take your pick of the 2 awards and do with them what you will. No pressure :) I believe the official rules are to tell 10 true facts about you and to pass the award along to 7 bloggers. Follow as you see fit. Have fun!