Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
September 1 question - How do you define success as a writer? Is it holding your book in your hand? Having a short story published? Making a certain amount of income from your writing?
For me, success is a moving target.
On any given day, any of these mean success:
- feeling good about the words I've put on the page
- knowing I had my first short story chosen for a great anthology
- someone buys one of my books
- drafting over 1k words in a session
- a reader leaves a positive review
- a payment from one of the retailers lands in my bank account
- I manage to write a scene I've been avoiding
- an idea for a new scene/book/series/character lights up my day
- I edit a scene and it's so much better
- I can provide feedback for another author
- I can help a newbie writer - even though I feel like I'm in that category myself
- I manage to plot out a book...