How did you come up with the topic?
Mindfulness is a hugely popular concept today. You may know that mindfulness can create improvement in our minds and bodies. What you may not know is that mindfulness can also enhance our appearance as well as bringing us peace of mind.
Mindful Beauty is an exciting method of applying the practices of mindfulness to our overall health and well-being. The unique mindfulness techniques you’ll discover in The Secrets of Mindful Beauty offer a brand new way to bring the benefits of mindfulness into beauty and self-care. Mindfulness can be used to reduce stress and enhance beauty and in our easy to follow guidebook you can find out how.
What makes you passionate about this topic?
I’m passionate about mindfulness and meditation. I’m also an academic in the field of interpersonal development and gender studies. I often share mindfulness techniques with my university students, and I realised that applying mindfulness to beauty routines was an even better way to share its benefits with women everywhere.
There are eight key benefits of Mindful Beauty. They are drawn from the philosophy and psychology of mindfulness and underpin all the practices you will find in the book:
- Mindful Beauty is non-judgmental. By approaching our beauty rituals in a new and non-judgmental way we become less critical about ourselves and how we look.
- Mindful Beauty engages our five senses. By increasing our appreciation of what we see, scent, touch, hear and taste, we begin to enjoy our daily self-care routines more and see the benefits.
- Mindful Beauty is kind. Its methods are soothing and sensitive, a balm to our souls, minds and bodies. It brings compassion to self-care.
- Mindful Beauty is simple. It won’t ask you to add more to your schedule, but make the most of routines that are already part of your life. It will give you a sense of everyday pleasure and ease.
- Mindful Beauty is meditative. Its contemplative approach doesn’t require you to switch off for an hour, but to go deeper into your daily life, with refreshing results.
- Mindful Beauty is of the moment. It brings present-moment attention to simple rituals, enhancing our experience of the here and now, and the miracle of mindfulness.
- Mindful Beauty is healing. It can heal the scars inflicted by a lack of self-care in the past, or stress about the future by bringing peace into the present.
- Mindful Beauty is a skill. It takes practice to cultivate. Take time to enjoy the process.
Like the best cosmetics, a little mindfulness goes a long way. There are so many opportunities for mindfulness in your daily beauty routine and they’re easy to make part of your life. The more you practice the simple, everyday techniques in The Secrets of Mindful Beauty the better you will look and feel. What’s more, they’re fun!
Dr Elizabeth Reid Boyd has degrees in psychology and gender studies. She has taught interpersonal, communication, and personal development skills including meditation, self-awareness, self-care and mindfulness at the university level for almost two decades. She writes fiction as Eliza Redgold.
Connect with Dr. Elizabeth Reid Boyd:
The Secrets of Mindful Beauty: Revolutionary Techniques in Anti-Aging and Self-Care
If you think the answer to anti-aging and looking good comes from a jar, a salon, or a surgical
Did you know
Depression can give you wrinkles
Insomnia can cause sagging skin
Anxiety can increase reddening and skin rashes
Stress can result in acne and hair loss
and much more?
Discover the secrets of mindful beauty. Lose your permanent frown. Smooth your worried brow without Botox. Turn your sag lines into smile lines. These age-defying techniques have been specially created for a happier, more beautiful you.
Mindful beauty is a way of applying the practices of mindfulness to our physical health and well-being. Many of our routines around beauty lend themselves to mindfulness, and this will not only enhance the experience, but also have ongoing positive beautifying effects by reducing the stress and anxiety that can affect how we look and feel.
Mindfulness is indeed powerful! We talk about it a lot at our school along with growth mindset. The two compliment each other quite well. Being truly present in the moment isn't something that comes easily to many.
How about you? Are you aware of mindfulness? Do you take care to be mindful in your daily life?