Last time I posted my lies & truths for the Creative Liar challenge sent my way by Mari Juniper. Time to 'fess up! So, here are my 4 spooky lies with my 2 spooky truths mixed in.
(I found the awesome Steampunk Ghostbusters at Kilgore Laboratories).
1. My school is haunted. When I'm in at work on the weekend - I often hear footsteps coming down the hall. At first I thought it was the boiler. Nope. I've called out assuming it was another teacher. Nope. Footsteps stop. And nothing. True. I've heared the footsteps multiple times - but there's never anyone there. Definitely spooky. I don't go in to the school at nights alone anymore :)
2. I once lived in a haunted house. We only saw her a few times - when we came home late at night. We leave the stove light on when we're out, so we saw her (wearing an old-fashioned bonnet) silhouetted in the kitchen window and on the stairs. Not true - but true for a friend's house. I haven't seen the phenomenon myself, but 4 very down-to-earth people have and they believe it completely.
3. I had a premonition once. I dreamt my school bus would be in an accident outside of Burger King and I would lose my leg. Called my friend and told her about it. She laughed and made me feel ridiculous. So I got on the bus. We had an accident. Outside of Burger King. But I only twisted my ankle in the fall. Thankfully no one was really hurt. Not true - but true for a friend. I was the one she called on the morning of the accident. When her bus didn't show up at school, I was in a total panic until they arrived.
4. We had a dog growing up who barked at the chimney, but only during thunderstorms. We thought it was odd, but nothing spooky. Until some of the bricks fell off during one really bad storm. During the repair process, human bones were found. The police never did figure it out, and the cold case is still on file here. Not true - totally made up :)
5. A year after my dad died, my mom & sister & I went to scatter his ashes. On the way up to the spot, 6 of his favourite songs played on the radio. Including the one he asked me to sing for him shortly before he died. These are not popular songs that you normally hear on the radio and they are not all the same style (country, easy listening, rock, jazz). True - are you happy Jan? :)
6. My mom grew up next to some woods in Scotland. Gypsies visited on a regular basis. Some of the neighbours weren't always kind to the gypsies. One neighbour tried to have his way with one of the young women and found himself the victim of the evil eye. In the next few months he lost his job, broke his arm and his wife died. Not true. The Gypsies did stay in the woods near her home, but there weren't any evil eye stories :)
So there you have it - my spooky lies and truths :) Thanks for playing along!