The lovely E. Elle over at The Writer's Funhouse passed along the Cherry on Top/Life is Good! Award to me recently. Thanks so much, E!
This award comes with a unique twist - I'm to share some things about my past that I would change if I could. If this were real, I don't know if I would actually change anything (except #5). I like where my life has led me, so I wouldn't want to take the chance of messing that up. :)
Here we go...
1. I wish I could go back and be braver - especially in high school. I wish I'd submitted that poem for the yearbook - it really was pretty good. I wish I'd joined the band and the drama club - despite the fact I didn't know anyone in them. I wish I'd stood up to those teachers who gave the physics & phys ed awards to people with lower marks because they were 'boy subjects'.
2. I wish I could go back and take even more photos - of people who are gone and those incredible moments and images that make life special.
3. I wish I could go back and invent the Internet. Or Google. :)
4. I wish I could go back and not splash that poor man I soaked when I was learning how to drive and didn't realize how slowly you should go through really big puddles.
5. I wish I could go back and NOT put those perms in my hair. They were BAD. And, no, you can't see the photographs!
Because of the crazy chaos that has been my life lately - instead of linking to a select few, I'm going to offer this award up to everyone. The community of online writers and readers is truly amazing - I think we all deserve a treat with a cherry on top! So please, take the award with my blessing and pass it along. Life really IS good!
In the same spirit I'd like to pass along Jules' award. Jules created this to help us all celebrate each other! So thank you to each and every one of you - please take the award and pass it along yourself! :)
So, what would you change if you had the chance to go back? Any bad hair choices we should know about? :)