I'm going to catch up today! You folks really are awesome out there - it always amazes me when you think of me when you're passing along your awards :)
Lola Sharp passed the Quillfeather award my way. If you need your spirits lifted, drop on by Lola's blog - it always works!
Lorel Clayton passed the Beautiful Blogger to me. Lorel has great advice on all aspects of the writing process. Make sure you click on over!
The lovely Mary Brebner awarded me the Sunshine Award. It's always nice to have more Sunshine! Mary's got a new address for her blog, if you don't have yours updated yet, this link will take you there!
Nicole Ducleroir and Medeia Sharif both awarded me the Super Comments award. Thanks so much! Both of these ladies are wonderful, bright people. You'll definitely enjoy stopping by their blogs too.
I've been avoiding (yes, like the plague) posting more "interesting" things about myself. But I feel guilty every time I see someone else has actually done it. So, here we go ...
1. I have a love/hate relationship with my house plants. They look great, I enjoy them, but they just keep growing! I don't have unlimited space in my house where plants can thrive, and I can't have big pots. So instead of repotting them, or slicing off some roots and putting them back in the same pot (which never works), I keep them until they're too big, toss them and start again.
2. We couldn't have pets when the kids were little - we were never home with all of their sports/activities and our jobs. We finally bought fish. The only thing the kids learned about was death. *sigh*
3. In spite of that we're all huge animal lovers. One of these days I plan to go on a photography safari in Africa & then a whale watching expedition.
4. I have nightmares every night. Vivid ones. I still remember some of them from when I was a kid.
5. The Shining was the first/last horror book I read. I read it in highschool and didn't sleep well for a very, very long time. (see #4)
6. At just over 5 feet tall, many of my students are taller than me - and I currently teach 10 & 11 year olds. I don't mind it at all. I've always liked being short. At home, I just call "Tall Person needed" and someone comes to help. :)
7. Despite #6, I won the VIP award for volleyball in highschool. :)
Today, I'll pass these awards along to the following great people. As always, these are 'no pressure' awards. Choose your favourite and do with it as you will. I hope everyone will check out these links - if not, you're missing out on some very fine bloggers & friends!