Elana is one of those folks - you know the kind. She's fun and funny. Kind and honest. Smart with a heart of gold. Her book is going to completely rock! Congrats Elana - we'll all be in line to buy your book when it comes out!
It's a long weekend up here in Canada. Happy Victoria Day to my fellow Canadians :)
Most of my family was out of the house (fishing, camping, golfing...) for most of the weekend, so I got a ton of work done on my Steampunk! I finished a really big revision round. Now I'm going to dive back in and see if I can add some of those little details I keep missing (see last post if you're confused).
And the Next Thing...
The lovely Lisa Gibson awarded me the AwesomeSauce award. This is a wonderful award - and came with a really amazing message. Thanks so much Lisa!
Al over at Publish or Perish tagged me. If you want to see my answers, click here. Al has the most amazing photographs from Down Under. You've got to check out his site!
Mari Juniper over at Mari's Randomities awarded me the Creative Liar Award. With a twist. Thanks Mari :)
1. My school is haunted. When I'm in at work on the weekend - I often hear footsteps coming down the hall. At first I thought it was the boiler. Nope. I've called out assuming it was another teacher. Nope. Footsteps stop. And nothing.
2. I once lived in a haunted house. We only saw her a few times - when we came home late at night. We leave the stove light on when we're out, so we saw her (wearing an old-fashioned bonnet) silhouetted in the kitchen window and on the stairs.
3. I had a premonition once. I dreamt my school bus would be in an accident outside of Burger King and I would lose my leg. Called my friend and told her about it. She laughed and made me feel ridiculous. So I got on the bus. We had an accident. Outside of Burger King. But I only twisted my ankle in the fall. Thankfully no one was really hurt.
4. We had a dog growing up who barked at the chimney, but only during thunderstorms. We thought it was odd, but nothing spooky. Until some of the bricks fell off during one really bad storm. During the repair process, human bones were found. The police never did figure it out, and the cold case is still on file here.
5. A year after my dad died, my mom & sister & I went to scatter his ashes. On the way up to the spot, 6 of his favourite songs played on the radio. Including the one he asked me to sing for him shortly before he died. These are not popular songs that you normally hear on the radio and they are not all the same style (country, easy listening, rock, jazz).
6. My mom grew up next to some woods in Scotland. Gypsies visited on a regular basis. Some of the neighbours weren't always kind to the gypsies. One neighbour tried to have his way with one of the young women and found himself the victim of the evil eye. In the next few months he lost his job, broke his arm and his wife died.
Okay - so I'll never write horror! But it was fun :)
So any of this ... or that to add?