Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
March 3 question - Everyone has a favorite genre or genres to write. But what about your reading preferences? Do you read widely or only within the genre(s) you create stories for? What motivates your reading choice?
I'm a romantic suspense author and I read a lot of romantic suspense. But I've always been a wide reader and still am. My current favourite genres are:
- romantic suspense (Chrys Fey, Yolanda Renee, Carol Kilgore, Kait Nolan, Diane Burton...)
- contemporary romance (Jean Oram, MJ Fifield, Heather M. Gardner, Deniz Bevan...)
- fantasy (Elle Cardy, Patricia Josephine, Tara Tyler, Shannon Lawrence,...)
- sci-fi & other spec fiction (Alex J Cavanaugh, Tyrean Martinson, Susan Kelley, ...)
- cozy mystery (Elizabeth Spann Craig, Ellen Jacobnson, Victoria Gilbert,...)
- rom coms ( Ellen Jacobson, Jackie Lau, Kelly Siskind,...)
- mystery/crime (Tick Tock anthology, Damyanti Biswas,...)
- YA & MG (C Lee McKenzie, Sherry Ellis, Cathrina Constantine, SA Larsen...)
- and so many more!!