Monday, August 31, 2009

Tweetchat in the Twitter-verse

I ventured into that alternate reality, the Twitter-verse this weekend. I joined Twitter earlier this month, around the same time I started blogging. New and exciting endeavours all the way around :)

My learning curve in the Twitter-verse has been steep at times, with a few bumps along the road. Honestly it was a little overwhelming at first - with a touch of "Am I Crazy?" thrown in. But, I'm learning!

My latest achievement is learning about Tweetchats. Thanks to fellow Twitterer, Inkyelbows, I found out there are live chats for writers on Twitter. So I followed her handy-dandy, easy to follow link and instructions (http://www.inkygirl.com/twitter-chats-for-writers/), and found myself in the chatroom.

What a rollercoaster ride! Comments fly back and forth with amazing speed. Some people can multi-task like I've never seen. There were so many interesting comments and contributers! I mostly lurked this time, but I'm already looking forward to the next time.

How many of you have entered the Twitter-verse? Will I see you in a TweetChat?

2 comments:

Cali MacKay said...

You should post on twitter every time you have a new blog post to remind us to check it out. I'm always so forgetful about checking out blogs, so a helpful reminder is not only fantastic, but will also help bring your blog more traffic. : ) Great blog btw!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks, Calista. You're right - I never thought of that :) Still climbing up that steep learning curve!