Wednesday, December 7, 2022

IWSG & Holiday Goodies!

The Insecure Writer's Support Group is the brainchild of Alex J. Cavanaugh. He, his clones, minions, friends, and fellow authors make it an amazing event every month.


IWSG badge

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!   

December 7 question - It's holiday time! Are the holidays a time to catch up or fall behind on writer goals?

It's definitely a time for me to fall behind!

We are a small family but we get together a lot for the holidays. My holiday job in the family is the baker. I enjoy baking, but it is time-consuming as everyone has their favourites - Nanaimo bars, fudges, shortbread, gingerbread, melting moments, apple loaf, family recipes...

Lots of goodness, lots of time, and lots of love.

How about you? Are you the baker? What's your favourite holiday treat?

πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ„

On another note, here are two book treats for you!

Built of Flames released yesterday & early reviews are great!

"This book is entertaining, enjoyable and intriguing. I loved the quick reconnection between Bella and Mitch, their hot chemistry and the need to not let the other slip away again. I love that the heroine is a kick-butt arson investigator in a field usually dominated by men. The rapport and support among the friends living at Tansy’s compound in Phail is wonderful and heartwarming. It makes me want to know about the group of them and who will join them next." ~ rebmay



Amazon    Apple    B&N Nook    Google Play     Kobo

πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ„

Reaching For Christmas is on sale at 40% off for the entire month of December. If you're looking for a heart-warming romantic suspense story with a fabulous rescue dog, you might enjoy this one!


Amazon      Apple      B&N       Google Play     Kobo

πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ„

Wishing you joy and peace for the holiday season!

13 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on your new release!
I'll take some cookies, please.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Hope the cookie baking goes well! Congratulations on the launch!

Chemist Ken said...

Ususally, the holidays dig into my writing time. I tutor chemistry and most of my students are desperate for sessions near the end of the semester. I'm no longer tutoring, so that's no longer a concern.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

My specialty is banana bread. I make enough for all my friends at church.

Congrats on the new book.

cleemckenzie said...

Launching a new book is a great way to end the year! Congratulations and a very Merry Christmas to you. As to baking...yes. I love doing it this time of year.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I love cookies but I mainly make three for the holidays:
Gingerbread (and, if possible, a Gingerbread scene/structure), Ginger Snaps, and Sugar Cookies.
I like cutting out the shapes and decorating them, as well as the baking.
Congratulations on your new release! It's so good. :)

Elephant's Child said...

Congratulations on yet another new book. You have been on an incredible roll this year.
I am the baker of the family. I make fruit cakes (yes I know that some people hate them) and shortbread. Copious quantities of both.

Jemi Fraser said...

Alex - Cookies are always my favourite!

Elizabeth - thank you!!

Ken - good luck with the writing over the holidays!

Diane - I love banana bread - and recently got addicted to added mini chocolate chips to the batter - yum!

Lee - thank you! I love baking everyone's faves!

Tyrean - Thank you so much!! I'm not a fan of decorating so I tend to do ginger cookies instead of gingerbread men. Love the ginger!

Sue - thanks so much! My mom loved making fruitcake! We go through a ton of shortbread too!

Debbie Johansson said...

Congratulations on your latest release, Jemi!

I haven't done any baking for a while, but then, I never did much of it anyway. Christmas usually consists of cold meats and salads, but this year I might go for the traditional Aussie BBQ. Wishing you and your family a happy Christmas. :-)

M.J. Fifield said...

I am not the baker. I am the person who very helpfully eats all the broken cookies so they don't go to waste. :)

Wishing you and your family a very happy holiday season!

And Congrats on your latest release!!

Olga Godim said...

Congrats on your new release.
I wish I had someone in my family who would bake for me. I like sweets, but it is all store-bought. I don't bake myself either. :(

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Can I come over to your place for Christmas? Your baked treats sound wonderful! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Debbie - thank you! I love the different traditions from around the world! With our snowy weather, we bake a lot!

MJ - thanks! And we always need the munchers...at least that's what I tell myself :)

Olga - thank you! I became the household baker around age 12 - my mom was thrilled to hand it over

Lynda - you're always welcome!